Closing Date: 30 Jun 2017
Department: Claims | department info
Reply to: Human Resources | email@example.com
Role purpose and context
Sabre operates solely in non-standard, non-comprehensive private motor insurance. As a member of the Claims team you will be trained to investigate, negotiate and settle claims over a 3 year milestone training period.
After the initial training has been completed (approx. 3 – 6 months) you will take responsibility for your own case load including fire, theft, windscreen claims and eventually some non-serious personal injury, dealing with solicitors, insurance brokers, loss adjusters and direct contact with customers and third parties.
- Ensure that allocated claims are fully investigated.
- Act as the key contact for specific customers/brokers.
- Communicate with policyholders, solicitors and others by telephone and in writing.
- Identify opportunities to make recoveries and follow the recovery through.
- Maintain accurate estimates on outstanding claims so the appropriate reserve can be made for each claim.
- Work within the team to ensure that all claims are settled within appropriate time scales.
- Work flexibly within the team, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest to enhance overall team performance.
Reporting to the team leader, key internal relationships will be with other members of the team and other claims teams.
Qualifications and experience:
- 5 GCSE passes or equivalent (grades A-C) including English and Mathematics.
- Experience of working in an office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Planning and organising
- Delivering results
- Embracing change
- Team working
- Delivering excellent customer service