Who we are
Sabre is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Our registered number is 202795; we are also registered with the Information Commissioner, Registration Number Z757767X.
Our registered address is Sabre House, 150 South Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 2YY. Registered in England and Wales – Company Number 02387080.
Any personal information you supply to Sabre will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and such other legislation and regulation designed to protect your personal information and privacy. Your information is secured with appropriate technology and procedures.
You must have obtained the consent of any named person on the policy before providing their information (including any sensitive personal information such as criminal convictions or medical information) to us. We ask that you make this policy available to anyone else for whom you provide data or who is a party to the insurance cover that we provide.
Any telephone calls made to or by us or our suppliers may be recorded for quality monitoring and training purposes and to assist in preventing and detecting fraud.
We do not intentionally collect any information from children under 16 years of age, except where the information is collected in connection with a claim in which the child was involved.
How we collect information
Personal information that Sabre or our suppliers collect directly from you or from third parties may include details such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, bank/credit card details, health information and IP address. Information is collected by the following means:
• Information provided by you in our claims and contact forms, quotes and applications, or when you request material or further services;
• If you contact us in writing or by telephone, we may keep a record of that communication; and
• From third parties and Data Contributors (see below).
We aim to ensure that information is kept up to date and accurate. Please advise us of any changes in the information that you have provided to us as soon as possible. If you believe that there may be an error in any of the information that you have submitted, please contact your Broker and we will review and correct any inaccurate information in your records as soon as possible.
What we may use the information for
The personal information Sabre collects will be used for analytical purposes, managing and administering products and services that we supply, claims handling, No Claim Discount entitlement, making credit-related decisions about you and to assist us in improving our website, processes, products and services, as follows:
• to assess your application or renewal for an insurance quote;
• to confirm your identity;
• to prevent fraud and money laundering;
• to verify the information provided;
• to administer and maintain your policies;
• to assist you with claims and enquiries;
• to maintain your insurance records with the MID and other Insurance Databases;
• carry out statistical analysis and customer profiling;
• we are required to report details of some suspicious activities to the National Crime Agency (NCA); and
• to facilitate our service quality and compliance monitoring.
We will also carry out checks with credit reference and fraud prevention agencies in order to verify your identity, assess your application for a quotation or credit and offer you our best terms.
Preventing and detecting crime
We may share data (including electronic identifiers such as IP addresses) with third parties including our product and service providers or the police and fraud prevention agencies if we believe that it is reasonably required for the prevention or detection of crime or fraud or to protect our customers. In doing so Sabre participate in a number of industry initiatives to prevent and detect fraud this helps to keep premiums low. To help prevent crime we may at any time:
• approach the DVLA to check all or any relevant driving licence details of anyone named on the policy;
• share information about you with other organisations and public bodies including the police;
• share information about you and any other named persons on the policy with other insurers;
We may pass the details and any information or documents you provide us to the recognised centralised insurance industry applications, policy and claims checking systems. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering; this may affect future applications for insurance products. Data may also be released to third parties if we are required to do so under the terms of a court order or in the investigation and settlement of a claim.
This information may be used to:
• help make decisions on insurance policies and claims for you and your financial associates;
• trace people who owe money, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your insurance policies;
• to check your identity to prevent money laundering.
Sensitive personal data
In order to provide you with a quote we may need to collect personal data which the Data Protection Act 1998 (and the new Regulations that will come into effect in May 2018) defines as sensitive, such as medical history or criminal convictions. By proceeding with obtaining a quote you will signify your explicit consent to such information being processed by us and our product or service providers for the purposes stated above.
Whom may we share your data with
Sabre do not disclose your information to anyone except:
• when we have your permission; or
• when we are required or permitted to do so by law or by regulatory bodies; or
• to other companies who provide a service to us or you, including when you take out additional products with us or make a claim; or
• when it is necessary for the performance of an agreement we have with you; or
• for credit reference or fraud prevention purposes(which includes proof of No Claims Discount entitlement); or
• for reinsurance purposes; or
• when we may transfer rights and obligations under this agreement.
Your information will only be disclosed to a third party where the third party has agreed to keep your information strictly confidential and use it only for the specific purpose for which we provide it to them.
We may transfer your information to other countries including those located outside the European Economic Area. If we do this we will seek to ensure that anyone to whom we pass it provides an adequate level of protection.
Sabre does not sell customer data to third parties; nor do we permit the selling of customer data by any companies or persons who provide a service to us.
Motor Insurance Database
When you take out a car insurance policy, your policy details will be added to the Motor Insurance Database (“MID”), run by the Motor Insurers’ Bureau. MID data may be used by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency and the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Northern Ireland for the purpose of electronic vehicle licensing and by the police for the purposes of establishing whether a driver’s use of a vehicle is likely to be covered by a motor insurance policy and for the prevention and detection of crime. If you are involved in an accident, whether in the UK or abroad, other UK insurers, the Motor Insurers’ Bureau may search the MID to obtain relevant policy information. MID (for more information see www.mib.org.uk/managing-insurance-data/the-motor-insurance-database-mid)
Dealing with other people
Data protection regulations mean that we will only talk to the policyholder or a named driver about anything to do with their insurance – unless they have named an alternative contact (such as a relative) to speak with us on their behalf.
If you have nominated an alternative contact, this person will be able to discuss all aspects of your policy (including claims) with us and make changes on your behalf except to cancel your policy or decline a renewal.
In some exceptional circumstances we may also deal with other people who have a legitimate reason to contact us on behalf of the policyholder.
For further information please contact us with full details of what you require in writing to the Data Protection Officer, Sabre House, 150 South Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 2YY. We may require further evidence of your identity in order to process your request. In the interests of confidentiality such requests cannot be accepted from persons acting on your behalf.